INFORMATION ABOUT THE ANGOLA COUNTRY

Museum and Heritage

The Museu Nacional de Antropologia is an anthropological museum in the Coqueiros neighborhood of the city of Luanda, Angola. Founded on 13 November 1976,[1] it is a cultural and scientific institution, dedicated to the collection, research, conservation, presentation and dissemination of the Angolan cultural heritage.

The Museu Nacional de História Natural de Angola is located in Largo do Kinaxixe, in the city of Luanda, Angola. It was established in 1938 as the Museu de Angola, and was originally housed in the Fortress of São Miguel, initially with departments of Ethnography, History, Zoology, Botany, Geology, Economics and Art.

The National Museum of Slavery is located in Morro da Cruz, Luanda, Angola. The museum was founded in 1977 by the National Institute of Cultural Patrimony, with the objective of depicting the history of slavery in Angola. The museum adjoins the Capela da Casa Grande, a 17th-century structure where slaves were baptised before being put on slave ships for transport to the Americas.

The Museum of the Armed Forces is located in Fortaleza de São Miguel de Luanda, in Luanda, Angola. Founded in 1975, following the independence of Angola, the museum includes bi-motor airplanes, combat vehicles, and diverse arms and artifacts used during the Angolan War of Independence (1961–1974), the South African Border War (1966-1991), and the Angolan Civil War.

The Fort of Our Lady of Victory of Massangano , popularly known as Fort of Massangano or Fortress of Massangano , is located in the village of Massangano , in the municipality of Cambambe , in the province of Kwanza Norte , Angola . The fort presents a square plan , with no bulwarks at the vertices. On its walls are torn ten gunboats.

Comments are closed.